Chapter 1
A small red car came driving down Sunset Road. The car pulled up at a house that had been abandoned for five years after the owners mysteriously died. Bloop, a small red square shaped creature, was shocked to see a vehicle pulling into the driveway. He thought it must be a mistake or they were just trying to turn around. Bloop went inside not knowing what was going on and sat in a chair in front of a large window in his living room. After a few minutes of waiting, he noticed the car was not leaving. Then, a large moving truck pulled into the driveway next door. Bloop was very excited! After years of waiting, he was probably going to have a new neighbor. He waited quietly inside not to disturb hi. Then, he realized how nice it would be for a new neighbor to help you move in. He wanted to make a good first impression.
It was the beginning of spring. The ground was still covered in snow and water. Bloop put on a pair of rain boots and a light jacket. He walked down his stone pathway onto the gravel road and up the next driveway. “Would you like any help?” he shouted. “Sure,” the new neighbor replied. He was a little larger than Bloop and was blue in color. Bloop walked up to him. “Hello, my name is Bloop. I guess I will be your new neighbor,” he said. “My name is Blob,” his new neighbor responded. “Nice to meet you Bloop. If you want to help, you can just bring the boxes on the right side of the truck into the living room.” “Alright, I’d be happy to help!” Bloop told him.
Bloop climbed up into the back of the moving truck. Near the middle on the right side were two small brown boxes. He grabbed them and jumped down. He opened the large front door to the house, went down the hallway and up the stairs into the living room. He placed the boxes on the light hardwood floors.
“Bloop, I’m ready for you to help me carry in the couch,” Blob yelled from outside. “Sure,” Bloop said. He went outside and into the truck. In the back, was a brown leather couch and Blob was on the right side. Bloop stood on the opposite side of the couch and grabbed the bottom. “1 2 3,” Blob said. They both lifted the couch and moved towards the exit. Bloop set the couch down on the top edge of the truck and jumped down as Blob was holding it up. Bloop lifted it and they set it down on the ground. He grabbed a box of books and placed it in front of the door so it would stay open. He went back and on the count of three, they both lifted the couch. They carried it inside and placed it against the wall across from the large window in the front of the living room.
“Okay, I guess that’s all you can really help with. Everything else must be placed in different rooms. Thanks for your help! I don’t know how I would’ve ever got that couch in,” Blob said. “You’re welcome,” Bloop told him. He went home feeling happy about helping his new neighbor.
The next day, as Bloop was going out for groceries, he noticed a fruit basket with a card in the middle on his front doorstep. He was immediately distracted from getting groceries. He picked up the basket and went upstairs to his desk. Inside the basket were bright fruits such as oranges, bananas and grapes.
He opened the envelope. Inside was a nice white card. On the front, in a curly font, read “Thank You”. Bloop opened the card. Inside was a message that read “Thank you for your help moving me in. I really appreciate the time you spent trying to be a nice neighbor. I would like to return the favor by having you over for dinner tomorrow at 6:00pm. I hope you can make it!”
Bloop was excited! He had a dinner to look forward to tomorrow. He went outside and knocked on his neighbor’s door. Blob answered. “Hello,” he said. “Hello Blob. I would love to have dinner tomorrow,” Bloop said. “I’d love that. See you then! Bye,” Blob responded. “Bye,” Bloop said.
Bloop went home happy to know his neighbor wanted to spend time with him. After waiting what had to be forever, Bloop would no longer be a lonely little square living in the middle of nowhere with no one around.
No comments:
Post a Comment